Monday, March 24, 2008

Day 216

Today was another holiday (Easter Monday), so there was an easy-going vibe in the neighbourhood. Many people were home, out walking their dogs, playing with their children in the park. I didn't have anywhere I needed to go (except for ice hockey tonight). Of course, Mondays are always my day off, so I guess I just felt doubly lazy! ;-)

I did my yoga practice in the afternoon, full Primary Series, after my walk. I enjoyed walking - there's something so soothing and meditative about a long, brisk walk and it was a beautiful day out. It's still not very warm here, but at least it was sunny.

I find it easier to practice after walking too - easier to motivate myself to the mat and smoother going once I get there. I'm not sure why, though being somewhat warmed up probably has something to do with it. I'm looking forward to those bright summer mornings when it's light enough early enough for me to go for a walk *before* doing an early morning yoga practice.

Today's practice was good. My focus was on Ujjayi breathing. Lately, I've found that my breathing is inconsistent. In Teacher H's class last week, I found myself a bit distracted by following her instruction and I forgot my Ujjayi. So today I fell back into that rhythm.

I think this will be my task for the rest of the week. I'll be going back to her class again on Thursday evening, so that will be a good test!

Before my break, Michelle left a comment asking about how my meditation practice was going. I'm still meditating nearly every day, though it's often for no more than 5 minutes. I'm really trying to keep some consistency with my meditation practice and not worry about the length of the meditation. I find that I definitely benefit from even 5 minutes of meditation. I also find that the more consistent I am, the easier it is to meditate for longer periods when I have time to.

I'm slowly getting caught up with my backlog and will be responding to more comments tomorrow.

No comments: