Monday, December 10, 2007

Day 132

I had a spectacular moon day yesterday. After my shift at the soup kitchen, I went shopping for all kinds of yummy food. I cooked up a big pot of miso soup while I put everything away (the soup will last me the rest of the week). Then I put on my jammies, grabbed the special cupcake I had bought to celebrate the new moon and curled up on the futon with my computer and a good book. Cozy afternoon! Perfect!

I got up this morning inspired to have a good practice. I'm trying a new routine in regards to my morning ice skating. I've been going to the outdoor rink very early - 8 a.m. At that hour, the ice is as smooth as arena ice and there are few other people out. I skate for an hour and head home to practice afterward.

Lady's holiday comes this week, so my low back is feeling cranky. I modified a few postures and didn't go as deep into my forward bends today. I managed one Urdhva Danurasana pushing up from the mate, but it was lousy and I didn't even attempt dropbacks.

I've really been savouring my inversions lately. Sirsasana is a special favourite. I love it so much, I've been holding it for longer and longer.

I do a handstand between each Navasana. This morning, I noticed that I can kick up very naturally with either leg. I had been working on that a few months ago, but sort of forgot about it. I find it interesting that it's now second nature. Is it a strength thing from doing other poses?

I haven't been back to my teacher M's Anusara class for a very long time (since last winter). I wonder how it would feel now? Harder? Easier? Just 'different'? I'm thinking of stopping in in the coming weeks, if he's in town. Should be interesting.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Your life interests me very much. It is so different from mine although we are almost the same age. I live vicariously through you some days. M

Kaivalya said...

I can definitely relate to this. It's is one of the reasons I love the internet: for connecting with a variety of people who are different from me. I know from my own perspective, it really expands my world view. I have a friend here in town who I met through blogging. Her life is radically different from mine (two kids, big house in the suburbs, etc.) and I always peer through her 'internet keyhole' fascinated and amazed by how differently (but fully) each one of us lives our lives.