Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Day 130



Here it is...
Dropback: The Movie

(The weird sound in the background is a particularly jarring clip from the electronica I sometimes listen to when I practise.)

Still plugging away at my daily full series. This morning was a bit stiff - I always know things are tightening up when Supta Konasana feels cranky. I'm in the midst of the week-before-lady's-holiday, so I'm really feeling it in my hips and hamstrings (and my appetite has tripled *eye roll*).

Sirsasana is feeling particularly good and stable this week. I'm feeling very confident coming into Sirsasana that I've moved away from the wall again - even with straight legs (perhaps that will be my next 'movie'!).

I'm still using the wall dropping back into Urdhva Dhanurasana. I've been doing this for about a week (and I've only bonked my head about three times during that period, lol). Making the video was really eye-opening for me. When I'm dropping back, I feel like I'm being bent in half, but I'm really not really in that deep of a backbend when I finally touch the wall. I think the key is to work on coming back deeper and deeper, touching the wall further down as I make progress.

I would love to get a freestanding dropback by the end of the year - I'll make this my goal.

No comments: