Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Day 276

Today's practice was quick and perfunctory. I put it off all day and finally unrolled the mat in the late afternoon, before heading off to teach a class.

Lately, I've been skipping poses, particularly backbends. For some reason, I'm feeling very resistant to backbends and it's not a physical block. I just don't want to do them. So I don't. And I know it's not good for me, but I don't seem to care.

It's easy to use my cold as an excuse (I'm mainly over it now). But that's not it either. I'm in a strange headspace right now. There's something about this time of year, when so many of my classes are heading into hiatus for a couple of months, and the weather is changeable and I'm putting more energy into relationships with people in my life (not that this is a bad thing, but it can be energy-depleting).

I'm feeling all stirred up.

No comments: