Monday, June 2, 2008

Day 266

I really, really needed those four days off.

It was a rollercoaster weekend, filled with many long walks, some fun times with friends, a tonne of heartbreak and more chocolate than is probably good for me.

I came back to the mat this morning full of gratitude for this practice. It fills me, it sustains me. It reminds me of why I'm here, why I hope, why I keep my heart open when every instinct tells me to shut down.

After Savasana, I wiped away my tears, gathered the broken pieces of my heart together and stood up to move on.

One foot in front of the other. Baby steps.

Tomorrow: Moon Day. Time to rest. After that, more practice. All is coming.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Oh hon, I am so sorry to read you're having a rough time of late. Chocolate is the best for times like these. I hope your baby steps become leaps and bounds again soon. Big {{{HUGS}}} x

Kaivalya said...

Rand(om) bites: Thanks for the good wishes. It's all about getting back up on that horse, which I'm doing with a gusto. No point in feeling sorry for myself (particularly once I've run out of chocolate! *grin*)