Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Day 116

I enjoyed my accidental early morning practice so much yesterday that I decided to do it on purpose again this morning and set an alarm. I was up by 5:15 and on the mat by 5:30. It's tough getting up early, but I love the silence of the early morning and I really love the darkness. By the time I'm in Savasana, the sky is turning pink and the room is glowy. Lovely. It feels really good to finish my practice early so I have time to do other things in the morning;

I had a good, sweaty practice this morning - I found my flow and built up some internal heat. This time of year, when it's starting to get colder out, it's a pleasure to feel deeply warm.

My lower back is sore in that very specific way that it gets sore right before Lady's Holiday, so I did modified versions of some poses, particularly Kurmasana/Supta Kurmasana and Sarvangasana. I'm predicting Friday for LH to start.

My hips are also tight due to LH, so I'm feeling some (typical) soreness in my left knee in the Half-Lotus poses, so I took it easy in Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana and Ardha Baddha Padma Padottanasana. This week, I've noticed some soreness in my left elbow as well - not sure what that's about, but I'm keeping an eye on it. I tend to hyperextend in my elbows, so I've been taking special notice of this and microbending my arms in my downward facing dogs.

No comments: