Thursday, July 12, 2012

Texture




Today's photo theme: Texture. The tree trunk in this photo belongs to one of the oldest trees in my neighbourhood.

I follow a 'Vintage City' page on Facebook that features daily archival photos of my city. Knowing the downtown area as I do, it's been great fun to see the 'Then and Now' photos and recognise areas that have either changed a lot or changed very little.

The other day, I found a old photograph of my own neighbourhood on the page. The 'hood has changed so very little that I recognised that street corner immediately (Princess Fur and I walk past it every day). But the photograph was from 1920!

I've included it here - the 'then' and 'now'. The tree trunk pictured above belongs to the tree on the corner (behind the utility pole in the 1920 photograph).

Back then, it was a slender sapling. Now, it's so wide I can't wrap my arms around it.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: