I'm having the best summer ever! The weather has been absolutely perfect and I have the time to enjoy it. My practice is crawling along - with the occasional leap of progress to keep me interested ;-) I've been connecting with friends, going to the beach, hanging out in the park.
And I've been reading. A lot.
There's a pile of books next to my reading chair - about 9 at the moment. Every day, I sit down and read. To motivate myself, I've set a daily reading goal for each book - much like I used to do in grad school, to get through the massive amounts of reading that were assigned. But these are books I *want* to read.
I know someone out there will ask, so here's the current pile:
-Yoga Sutras by Edwin Bryant (this is the second Sutras I've read this summer)
-What We Say Matters by Judith and Ike Lasater (a NVC book)
- Moola Bandha by Swami Buddhananda
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika (for Christine's book club)
- Wisdom of the Body Moving by Linda Hartley (a Mind-Body Centreing book)
- Pranayama by Gregor Maele
- Yoga Mind Body & Spirit by Donna Farhi
- The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch (fiction)
- Comfortable with Uncertainty by Pema Chodron
On my very happiest mornings, I can be found outside on the balcony with a few books, some tea and a small, gray dog.
This photo was taken at 9am:
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad