Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Whomp Moratorium


DT has put a moratorium on my Pincha *Whomps*. I knew it was coming after my disasterous attemps to come into that pose on my own yesterday (I didn't stick the balance even once). I'm at the point now where I need to either go up and stay up, or not go up at all (unless I'm doing a long hold against the wall). DT doesn't want falling to become a pattern and she's got a point: If falling out of Pincha was the full expression of the pose, I'd have that one in the bag!

Today, instead of trying to go up, I set up in the middle of my mat, walked my feet in and stayed on my tippy toes. I may add lifting one leg. I'm actually moderately competent at balancing with one leg up, the other leg in a pike, so I may try that too.

Alas, all of this planning is a moot point as of today because my dreaded LH is here. No inversions for a few days! :-( I'll be practising a low-key Primary or less for the rest of the week, though I might squeeze in some Intermediate on Friday.

On the bright side, this gives me a chance to work on my jumpbacks and jumpthroughs. Today, DT offered some additional instruction for the jumpback. The second or third time I tried it, I was able to find the 'lift' to jump back (it was probably just a milimetre of lift, but it felt huge to me!).

I'll have plenty of opportunities to explore this in the coming week, if I'm feeling up to it.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Arturo said...

dear Kai
good blog post title. appropriate picture. hey, a play on some of your words - have you ever melted your arms into your dance partner and your danced on your tipppy tippy toes? he ha.
love
Arturo

Kaivalya said...

@Arturo
Ha, ha! Someone *ahem* is having a romantic summer and it ain't me! :-D

Boodiba said...

I've seen different approaches. Sharon from Jivamukti would have people practice flipping, over and over and over. It can be kind of fun & removes the fear...