Friday, January 4, 2008

Day 153

I looked at my calendar last night and realised that today is the last day on my calendar that has absolutely nothing scheduled on it (for the next two months, I'll be incredibly busy). Nothing official, that is. I knew I would go for a walk, do yoga, walk to the pet store to buy dog food and stop by the library to pick up a pile of books. But no classes, no soup kitchen, no meetings, no privates. Nada.

I celebrated by sleeping in!

Then I got up, went walking with the dog for an hour and did my practice. It took me a good 20 minutes to really feel like I was flowing through the Primary Series. My body was more open, but my mind was absolutely frantic. My mind did not want to be on the yoga mat.

Still, I had an enjoyable practice. I played ice hockey for an hour and a half last night, so I noticed that my right arm was sore and tired, there was a lot of tension in my shoulders and upper back and my hips were tight. But backbends, while not easy, were not excruciating today.

Now: Shower, lunch, dog food, library and I'm going to go enjoy the rest of my empty day.

No comments: