Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Restorative

This has not been a good week. In fact, I think it's fair to say it's been a very bad week. On Sunday, I received word that a close family friend (who had been like a mother to me when I was young) died of cancer. The worst part is, she actually died last May, but no one told me. I emailed a member of her family (with a heavy heart because I knew the news likely wouldn't be good) to ask how she was doing.

And it's just piling on...yesterday, my mother's dog became very sick. The dog is a miniature schnauzer like my dog, but she's much older, going on 13. My mother emailed me this afternoon to let me know that the dog had passed away. It's difficult to go through something like this yourself, but I've found that it's even more excruciating to watch my mother suffer from such a deep grief. I feel so helpless to do anything for her. I've been emailing and phoning, offering any support I can.

All of that to say, today was a restorative yoga day. I did some floor poses for a half-hour, using a bolster and a strap (including my favourite Supta Padangusthasana sequence).

And I didn't clean a damned thing.

No comments: