Monday, December 14, 2009

Astanga

It's official: I've been sleeping *too* much.

It almost seems impossible, but I think am! The trouble is, I really LIKE sleeping. I don't watch much television, but I *do* have these dramatic, technicolour dreams at night. It's so entertaining! This morning, I was having a doozy of a dream. After the alarm sounded, I went back to sleep in hopes that the storyline would play out.

I wanted to know how it ended! Silly!

So I was strapped for time this morning and also feeling pretty heavy and yucky (Moon day on Wednesday), but not tired because I had plenty of sleep. I decided to do half-Primary and practice with Sharath's recording because he's short and snappy, quicker than Beryl. I turned him off for closing and enjoyed Savasana in blissful silence. I whipped through it in a bit less than an hour.

I noticed that I pay attention to my breath more diligently with the Sharath recording.

I worked up a pretty good heat, but that didn't make it feel any better. It was an awful practice. My joints felt stiff and gumby. I'm still sore from my heroic-run-to-work on Saturday. My shins hurt (almost like shin splints, but not quite as bad). My quads are sore.

And I'm back in that headspace where I don't feel like my own body fits me. I feel this when I'm teaching too - my cues sound awkward coming out of my mouth. I've gained a few pounds, but I don't think that's it. I think the problem is in my brain (and I'll move through it as I always do).

Recently I've noticed that my left hip is at it's worst when I'm sitting in my window seat, working on the computer. I may change my routine to avoid this.

And I *still* haven't put up the Christmas tree! I need to do this soon! So here's a plan that will solve *all* my problems: I'll get up early tomorrow, take a hot bath before I practice yoga and when I'm through my practice, I'll put up the Christmas Tree!

No comments: