Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Day 329

Another good practice today! I'm teaching hip openers in my classes this week, so I had the opportunity to practice Eka Pada Raj Kapotanasana (Pigeon Pose) over and over again as I demonstrated it in class. Not an Ashtanga pose, but it is a powerful hip opener and for some reason, I'm feeling it in a big way in my right hip. It feels good, like something is being released.

I'm still feeling strong and energetic. At the beginning of the week, I was hopeful that I could put in five days of practice this week. Alas, my lady's holiday is coming up any day now, so I'll save that hope for another week (maybe next?)

What I would really like to do is get back into a routine of a six day practice. I think I should do this before I start easing back into full primary. The goal is to gradually build back up to full primary six days a week, which is what I was doing before I got sick.

No comments: